Ti Domnik Tales, my personal blog about adventures, experiences and personalities on Dominica has just turned
I wish to express profound thanks to my extended family, 99 Followers, 116 Facebook friends, growing Twitter tweeters, those who have ‘liked’ and ‘shared’ me and all other supportive readers over the past 36 months. Your interest and encouragement definitely keep me inspired to describe various aspects of my life as a Canadian expatriate who has resided for 18 years (this month!) on the Nature Island.
While this blog has a very specific niche in a very small country, I am delighted to report that there have been over 60,000 visits to the 135 posts on this site. This figure does include several re-blogged pieces from Canary Gal about my wonderful trip to Canada in the summer of 2014 and an incredible visit to Paris in December 2014/January 2015 from my home base on the Nature Island. However, the majority of musings (about 120) are dedicated to Dominica!
For your interest, here are the top 15 posts in the first three months of 2015 ( click on the title to get to the piece):
1. Dominica’s Carnival 2015 Opening Parade: A Spectacular, Sinister, Sensational Masquerade*
2. Dominica`s Floral Splendour: The Giraudel-Eggleston Flower Show 2013
3. ‘Paradise Found’ in Dominica’s Papillote Tropical Gardens*
4. Scenes from a (Tropical!) Winter Wonderland: Dominica’s Carnival 2015 Season*
5. Recognizing Acts of Kindness at Christmas-time on Dominica, the Nature Island
6. Dominica’s Carnival Celebrations: Original, Traditional, Fun!
7. A Walk Around Freshwater Lake in Dominica’s Morne Trois Pitons National Park
8. A Warm Welcome in Wotten Waven, Dominica’s ‘Natural Spa’ Village
9. Learning about Indigenous Kalinago Culture and History in Dominica
10. Strangers in Paradise: A Canadian Family Spends an Unforgettable Day in Dominica!*
11. Springfield Dominica: My Favourite Place on the Nature Isle*
12. The Voice of Ti Domnik Tales (Page about me, Gwendominica)
13. The Marvellous Tastes, Sights and Sounds of Creole Day 2014 around Roseau Dominica
14. Celebrating Creole Day in Dominica
15. A Canadian Canary Visits Paris: A New Year Adventure in the City of Light
And for those who are curious, the TOP THREE POSTS of the past three years are:
1. The Voice of Ti Domnik Tales (Page about me, Gwendominica)
Watch for more pieces about Dominica’s Roseau Valley, as the popularity of this area is confirmed by numbers two and three!
And look for other tales about my life on Dominica in due course. The possibility of an e-book may become a reality too!
Thanks for reading Ti Domnik Tales!!!